Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am beginning to panic. I go back to work Monday. I thought I just got out for the summer a few days ago. Yet, I have not done anything that I wanted to do, except spend time with Izabell. My secret goal was to have her potty trained before she went back to school. She's close, but not quite there. Not close enough to send her to school in panties. And anyone who's been through this knows that putting her back in pull ups is not going to help her progress at all. Okay, I know this sounds trivial to the rest of you, but this is my first child and I don't have much figured out yet. It's funny how having a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education and taking dozens of classes on child development does not help in the least when it comes to my own child.
One thing that I did get to do yesterday was visit with a friend of mine. He is a 76 year old man who has been there for me during the hard times. He helped me during college by bringing me a care package of food each week along with a $20 bill. He is one of the most giving and caring people that I have ever met. I am blessed to have him in my life. It's funny how God places these people in your life. I am talking about the people who love you even though you don't necessarily deserve it. People who give without expecting to receive.
So if you have one of those people in your life and you don't always take the time to appreciate them, please do. Make time to thank them. Usually all they really want from you is your time.

2 comments:

KathyH said...

Wow, that's inspiring!

Michelle said...

I understand about the potty training thing. Savana has done remarkably well, but I waited on her. I also used her friends accomplishments to help inspire here..."you know, Sheridan is wearing panties...Izabell is wearing panties..." etc. I don't know if that helped, but it's only be 10 days and I am calling her done. We will be buying big girl DORA panties on Friday! YEE-HAW!!