Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm Back

I just completed my first week back to work. I was frustrated to learn that all of the work I did before I left for the summer has to be re-done. I was told that I had to take everything out of my room because they were coming to strip and wax all of the floors in the building. Well, that's what I get for trying to be prepared. So, here we go again. While trying to do enrollment conferences, I also had to try to get everything outside or up off of the floor. My newly organized closets are now cram packed with as much stuff as we could possible get in there. But, on the sunny side, my floors will look really good!

Anyway, I did get to meet some of my new children. Some are already giving me hugs! I am so excited to get to know them. We are going to have the best year. When I returned to my class Monday, we had 4 huge boxes of new materials for the classroom. (The word materials in this case is translated into the word TOYS!!!!!) Also, a huge box of new children's books!

So, one more week of moving furniture and doing conferences, and then the fun begins!

3 comments:

KathyH said...

Cool! There's nothing like new stuff for the classroom!!!

laurajo said...

Yeah, I really like playing with new toys. And I really like new books.
I am really sorry that your daughter lost all of her stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, God bless you for the work you do!! I have a hard enough time with the four of mine. I've thought frequently about homeschooling, but just don't have the tools, I'm grateful for teaches like you that can fill that need for our kids. Enjoy your pretty floors.......it won't be long before THEY come....lol