Saturday, July 01, 2006

Time


I woke up this morning and wondered why my husband was not at work. Then I remembered it was Saturday. I have had very little concept of time since I have been off of work. And guess what, I am loving it. I imagine that in Heaven it will be the same. There are so many pressures in life that come from deadlines. I must be at work by 8:00, have the kids on the playground by 10:00, have my classroom cleaned and all of my plans for the next day by 4:00, pick up my child at daycare by 4:30, have supper done by 6:00. These are only a few of the many deadlines in my normal daily life, and everyone has their own. But think about life with no time. Would it be less stressful? Would we ever get anything done? I don't know but I am enjoying it for the short time that I get to experience it.

4 comments:

KathyH said...

Hey, girl, I'm really happy that you get to be home with your daughter this summer! Summer is my busiest time. I'm considering taking Monday off to be with Joe, though, because I'll be gone 4 nights after that to the Worship Institute.

Mark left this morning for it, and the rest of his family left for Tenn. and Alabama, too, so we've got their dog, who is in heaven as long as we're scratching her belly while we watch movies.

Life is good.

Michelle said...

What an awesome blog! I understand about time. I am trying to become more accountable for my time and how I spend it. UGH! I may stroke out from the structure...baby steps...I loved the pic of you and your sister! Isn't childhood great--at least parts of it. I wouldn't want to re-live any of it personally, but it's nice to visit.
luf ya,

Michelle said...

YOU LIKE BLUEGRASS????

laurajo said...

Do I not look like a bluegrass kind of girl?
I have been a lover of music since the day I was born. All Kinds. I love the sounds of all of the different instruments in bluegrass, not so much the singing.
It's funny that I love to listen to all of the different instruments and I ended up singing and never learning to play anything, other than a brief encounter with a clarinet.