Sunday, July 23, 2006

Had a bad day again.

There was a song that I used to listen to all of the time before I became a christian and started to listen to more positive music. It seemed to always fit my mood and describe my day. "Spilled her coffee, broke a shoe lace, smeared the lipstick on her face, slammed the door and said I'm sorry. Had a bad day again." These are some of the lyrics from the song as best as I can remember them.

Cool thing is, I had a bad day again. I was grouchy, had a headache, and my daughter decided that, even though she has been doing so good at potty training, she would pee on every surface in my house. Not one time, did she go in the potty today. I know she does it out of mischief because that's the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense. So then I feel bad for being such a grouch, and I am not only grouchy with a headache, but now I feel guilty.

But guess what! I went to bed a little while ago and couldn't sleep because I got so busy thanking God for all of the blessings in my life that I actually got in a good mood. Can you believe that? Nothing special happened. Nothing miraculously went right. I just started being thankful and my attitude changed and now I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA. Okay, now I know I'm in a good mood because that is the second song title that I have quoted in one journal entry.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that if your day is sucking, just change your attitude. God will help you.

5 comments:

KathyH said...

Dang! That was PROFOUND! You go, girl!

Michelle said...

I had a out-of-sorts day too yesterday. I wonder if there was something in the water?? I agree, God changes attitudes...if we let Him. I will echo KathyH...You Go Girl!!

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!!!!! I loved this post, thanks so much for sharing!! It's so true, taking eyes off oneself and looking up, makes everything bearable and more than that....joyful. Love ya!!

KathyH said...

Hey, when are you ever gonna blog again?!

Me said...

Goodonya Laura. A little pee never hurt nobody! I know this comment is a bit late, but better late than never.