Sunday, July 09, 2006

oh, jealousy

Jealousy is an evil, sneaky thing. I have dealt with it all of my life and thought that I was past it. I guess I never will be totally past it. But I keep trying.
I am so happy for all of my friends who attended IWI, but I have had to remind myself continuously over the few days that they were gone that I was were I needed to be- with my family. Still, I couldn't help wanting to be there. I checked Mark's blog several times a day, craving to be a part of what was going on. I love to praise the Lord through music.
That's another area of jealousy. I want to sing better, play an instrument, write music. I want to express my love and thankfulness to God through music, but I am limited on what I can do. I have to remind myself that I have the talents and gifts that God gave me, and He knew what He was doing when He gave them to me. Thank You, God.
So, I think I'm over it now that my friends are home. But I can't wait for them to share what they have experienced and learned.
To everyone who went to IWI, please share with me. I will be waiting to soak it all in.
Love you all.

4 comments:

KathyH said...

Hey, what a coincidence! I've always been jealous of you, too! You have such a beautiful voice!

Here's a little snippet I sent to Mark about the week:

I understand better now that worship is so much more than music. Music is a gift, but worship is a grace, and God graced us with great times of worship there! I loved singing in the mass choir, although I'm not a gifted singer, because we learned that God looks on the heart, not the art. I hope we can bring many more people next summer, because this is just too good for any choir member to miss!

Girl, they've been doing this conference for 20 years and I'm sure they'll be doing it for 20 more, so your time will come, I promise!

Luv Ya,
Kathy

KathyH said...

BTW, read my blog. I posted something about attitude for you and me both! :)

Me said...

Hey Laura! I hope you can go with us next year. Maybe Ben can go to the school of audio? If there's one thing I've learned, it's that God's timing is perfect. Keep on praising Him!

Michelle said...

Jealousy? Yeah, me too. Hard to be content with what you have, who you are and what you can do??? Yeah, me too. Sometimes I feel like the jolly green monster sulking and wallowing. I can say that turning that off and praying through those feelings is the only way to go. Otherwise bitterness ensues and then you are really in a pickle. Keep praying, God can use your jealous desire for good...to teach you something great.