Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ezekiel 33:9 If you warn the wicked to turn from his sin, and he does not turn from his sin, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

This was the memory verse for the lesson that we taught in our LCBS class last week. We talked about our awesome responsibility to warn others of the consequence of dying without knowing Jesus. I challenged my students to think about a time when they were faced with the opportunity to do this. Did they rise up to the challenge, or were they frightened into retreat? I can tell you that, most of the time, I am frightened.

Well, God has used this lesson to convict me to share the bad news with someone who is very, very important to me. For the sake of privacy, I will not share with you who this person is. Just know that I literally would not be alive if it were not for this person. Now, should I keep quiet? I have shown this person the great things that God has done in my life since I chose to turn my life over to Him. I have lived by example in hopes to make this person want what I have. All that I have failed to do is to be blunt and tell him what his future holds if he does not make the decision to do as I have done and surrender.

But how? It could jeopardize my relationship with him. And believe me, I do not want to do that because it took us many, many years to build the relationship- one that should have come naturally. But my relationship with him on earth means nothing if we are separated for eternity.

There is a song by Casting Crowns called "Here I Go Again."
Father, hear my prayer
I need the perfect words
Words that he will hear
And know they're straight from You....
'Cause here I go again
Talkin' 'bout the rain
And mulling over things that wont live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance to tell him that You love him
But here I go again

I sing this song in my car often. And now I sing it as my prayer to God that He will give me the words to say and the boldness to say them.
Wish me luck.

4 comments:

KathyH said...

I have had to do exactly what you're talking about, and it's never easy for me. It seems like it's hardest to witness to people you care the most about. Isn't that odd? I guess it's because you care SO MUCH about how they'll respond...

"Lord, give Laura the perfect words, the boldness of the Holy Spirit, and your amazing grace to do what you want her to do!"

You won't regret it if you do it, but you probably won't have peace until you do, so you might as well do it and get it over with! Ha!

I'll be praying for you!

KathyH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Laura, my prayers are with you, for boldness, comfort, peace and the joy you will feel when you share the love of our Lord. I know what it's like, just remember to plant the seed and if that's already done, keep watering it. One day, you'll sow and it'll be a beautiful treasure. God Bless.

Michelle said...

A-sowing-we-will-go
a-sowing-we-will-go
On-High-oh-the-merry-oh
a-sowing-we-will-go.

It's terrible that boldness comes at a price. Especially when you are talking about someone you love. Sometimes the child must become the parent. Breathe deep. The words will come.