Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sorghum Hollow-The Series



If you know me, or have ever read my blog, you know that the two things in these pictures are two of my very favorite things in this world. The first being, of course, my daughter. The other is the place where I grew up, Sorghum Hollow. Yesterday, Izabell and I went to the "holler" to look at the beautiful water. I knew that it would be flowing nice because of all of the rains we have had. In these pictures Izabell is standing on the low water bridge. This is one of her favorite places to swim in the summer, but when it is flowing, it's not at all safe to swim in. Dad said that just a couple of days ago, the water was still rushing over the top of the bridge. Yesterday, it was just barely below it. I got to tell Izabell the story of when her uncle Rickey got sucked under. I love telling her stories about when I was little, because she really wants to hear them. She even retells them to anyone who will listen.


I will be posting more blogs about yesterday because, somehow, I took way too many pictures. I can't decide which ones to post. Therefore, I will be making it into a series. So, stay tuned.

No comments: