Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Birthday



Yesterday was my 33rd birthday. I told Izabell that all I wanted for my birthday was to sleep in. I asked her to please play in her room if she woke up before me. Well, she did. Sort of. I heard her come check on me several times, and she played right outside my bedroom door for a while. When I woke up, she came and snuggled with me and said, "Aren't you glad I let you sleep in, Mommy?" She told me she was so excited it was my birthday because she loved cake and presents. I told her we weren't having cake and presents. She looked devastated. "Why not?", she asked. I asked, "Well, did you get me cake and presents?" She looked at me for a while, told me she would go wrap some presents and then left the room. I later went to her room and found that she had wrapped some boxes. Not in Christmas paper, but in Birthday paper. That's pretty significant because I spent most of my childhood not knowing the difference between my birthday and Christmas, but my mom always made sure to wrap my Birthday present in birthday paper. Anyway, I opened up the first box and it was the musical jewelery box Rachel had given Izabell for Christmas. Not an old worn out toy, but a brand new present. I said, "Izabell, this looks just like the music box that Rachel gave you." She said, "Yeah, except I don't have one anymore." That's the best birthday gift I have ever received. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, thoughtful daughter.

3 comments:

KathyH said...

Awww, what a sweet story!!!!!!

Connie said...

that's my girls, sugar and spice, and everything nice.

Connie said...

that's my girls, sugar and spice, and everything nice.