Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingerbread men and God



Izabell and I made Gingerbread men today. I love gingerbread men. They're cute, they smell good and you can dress them how ever you want. Anyway, as I was moving the prettiest one from the cookie sheet to the cooling rack, I dropped him. I said, "OH NO, I broke my baby boy!" Izabell laughed, made fun of me a little and then we went on. But it got me to thinking about the similarities and differences in making gingerbread men and God creating us. Ginderbread men are made up of the same stuff and come from basically the same mold. We are made up of basically the same stuff, but we don't have a mold. We may be similar in shape, but we are all so different. Then I'm thinking about how many I dropped and broke. The difference there is that, when I break them it is purely accident and ruins the cookie. When God breaks us it was all part of the plan and usually ends in healing.
There are many more comparisons that went on in my head, but I am stopping before it gets weird. However, I encourage you to take what you know about God and what you know about gingerbread men and think on it for a while. If you don't know much about baking, get a cook book. If you don't know much about God, get a bible.

1 comment:

KathyH said...

Dang, that was profound, girl!!!