Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Flashback

I have battled with trying to see myself in my daughter. I secretly wanted her to be a little "mini me", but in my eyes she has always resembled my sister. Not just physically, but in her actions and attitude mostly. Well, over the holidays, I got the privilege of being around all of the family that I usually only see on Christmas (or if someone gets married or dies). I couldn't even begin to count all of the times I heard, "She looks just like you did". You can imagine how much I love to hear this. But also, I was told that some of her behaviors did, in fact, come from me.
So, as I was browsing through my pictures, I felt that I should post this one of our trip to Branson this past summer. We are climbing a look-out tower on Highway 7. I have pictures of my brother, sister and me on the top of this thing when we were kiddos. I'm just wondering how I got up there, because I didn't make it past the second level this time.
Well, I am relieved to find out that she may very well be my little "mini me" after all. But she does have her own unique personality that, I am convinced, is going to leave a mark on this earth somehow.

1 comment:

Me said...

All I know is I love your little "mini you". She is truly a blessing as I'm sure you were at her age. I know you are now. I hope you had a great Birthday!!