Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mercy and Forgiveness

This is actually a comment to Mark's last post. I couldn't get it to take my comment. However, it really got me to thinking about God's mercy and forgiveness. There is a line in the song "Majesty" that I love. "Forgiven so that I can forgive". Everytime I sing that line, I smile. Not only have I been forgiven much, but learning to forgive has set me free. Free from anger and pain that I was inflicting on myself. I am overwhelmed when I think about the mercy that God has shown me.
If you are reading this and you haven't experienced God's mercy and forgiveness, I highly recommend it. You won't be sorry.

3 comments:

Spring said...

AMEN! I love that line, too. It's so true, I never REALLY forgave people for hurting me until I was forgiven myself. I think I had to be taught by the Holy Spirit how to do it or something. You're awesome Laura!

KathyH said...

God's mercy ROCKS!!

Good post, Laura! Thanks!

Me said...

Way to be thinking about your readers. Who knows might be reading!