Monday, May 18, 2009

Like Christ



Izabell went with us to the park for Life Groups last night. It was the most beautiful day and I couldn't bear the thought of going to play while she stayed in the nursery at church. She LOVED hanging with the "big girls".
While we were there some kids started giving Izabell a hard time and making fun of her and calling her a baby. This devastated her. She's such a social kid and doesn't usually run across "mean" kids who make fun of her. She cried A LOT.
Well, I am more than proud to say that she prayed for them last night. I promise I didn't prompt her. In fact, the thought never occurred to me. I did all I could not to call them names for hurting my baby's feelings. She prayed, "God, please forgive those kids that were being mean to me and help them to learn to how to be nice." I guess I should take lessons from my daughter on how to be more like Christ.

1 comment:

KathyH said...

Awww, we could take lessons on being spiritual from her.